Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Things in Spain I love

This the main Cathedral in Cadiz. It's massive and quite stunning. Right in the same plaza are cafes, shops, and those darn montaditos (tiny delicious sandwiches.)

Spain was one of the first modern countries to legalize same sex marriages. My liberal hippie self appreciates this deeply. I like that whole equal rights for all people concept. In light of my own impending nuptials I notice much more wedding stuff.

The other night joining the last program on the beach after their yoga/tai chi/meditation class the yogi which is also a acupuncturist and chiropractor and holistic healer of sorts decided to give David a free demonstration. He said he felt a tingle all over his body and super relaxed. The guy left him with needles on his head and went to speak with the ocean through various body movements. He also gave us pointers on several pressure points on the body that relieve stress and car sickness. Only in Spain would this all occur on a beach at 11:00PM. Finally, my beloved Shelli and Mike. Shelli and I have been working together for 3 years in Spain and this summer we got to spend most of it together. She is expecting a little girl (perhaps a future matador) in October and the goof ball is her husband Mike. Aren't they super cute? Together we have eaten many a great meal and countless bocadillos. Thursday we begin our travels back to the States!

1 comment:

  1. awwww!! I miss Cadiz and you guys! Thanks for the lovely memories...

    ReplyDelete