Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Deliciousness

A couple times a year I like to forget that I am 33 years old and the ol' metabolism isn't as fast as it used to be. It's that time of year again. Dinner yesterday was crunchy peanut butter and strawberry jam sandwich with Cheetos on the side. For dessert I had brownies and washed them all down with a tall glass of soda. Tonight, while sipping tea, my hubby and I shared a glass of milk for Oreo dunking purposes. Each moist cookie falling into my mouth and ravishing my taste buds. Suddenly, my mind is tempted to drown in the depths of guilt. Oh the calories! Oh the diet to come! My eyes do a double take and I realize that I used low fat peanut butter, real strawberry spread and weight watchers wheat bread a whooping total of 250 calories. The Cheetos were of the baked variety, my OCD self served the exact serving added a 150 calories. The brownies were made with applesauce and egg beaters which makes the treat a reasonable less 100 calories with diet coke. For splurging, not too shabby. The Crystal Light tea and reduced fat Oreos with half a cup of 1% organic milk shared, well, there is nothing to worry about. My bike ride tomorrow will take care of the rest!

1 comment: