Wednesday, March 11, 2009

3 days....until Mrs. Gaurkee

I am the luckiest woman alive. Not only do I get to marry my soul mate, the one that completes me, mi "media naranja" (in Spanish means my half an orange)... but I get to have a giant party with all my friends and family. I have been so blessed to have the most amazing people in my life.

I suppose it is natural to have your mind race through your personal history the week you make a huge leap into the world of marriage. On Monday, El and I dine at Le Petite Brigitte's and l looked through high school yearbooks. I looked at all the crazy activities that I was a part of and thought back to some teachers that changed the way I viewed the world (Iles), the land of fictional characters (Palmer/Epstein), the way I spoke (Schelet), the way I saw others (Howard) and my personal ethics (Zulli). They changed everything... but not as much as those friends that have held my hand then and while I grew.

On Tuesday, El and I ate at La Casa de Ortega. It is a lovely little place in south St. Petersburg where they have the best service and delicious cuisine. My mind wonder to my childhood. Growing up with two wonderful parents that always encouraged me and supported me. I thought about those moments of slumber parties and pinatas.

Today Wednesday, as I sit in a room of sophomores tackling a test on Hinduism; listening to the kindergarten giggle by the door, I am thankful for the work that I do. My student forum through me a surprise bridal shower yesterday which still makes me smile from ear to ear. My colleagues that have been amazing during all the planning and the day to day minutia.

I am blessed. I am thankful. I am getting married in 3 days!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment