Wednesday, April 28, 2010

If I had a craving...

I think back at all the times in my life that I wished I was pregnant, not necessarily because I was ready to have a baby but because of all the things that pregnancy meant such as being able to eat whatever you want with no worry about getting fat. The daydreams were filled with hot fudge sundaes, milk shakes and french fries. Dancing Oreo cookies as they leaped in to that glass of cold milk and then melted in my mouth. Hopping Hoagies like Cliff Huxtable made on the Cosby Show filled with great cold cuts and soft luscious bread. Health Ice cream with yummy sauce dripping off the side, pizzas twirling in the sky with great cheeses and fresh tomatoes. The sparkle in my dreaming eye shines just a little.

The truth of the situation is that I haven't had any real cravings and I can't seem to gain enough weight (first time in my life ever!) I am still at my pre-preggers weight which I guess is another fantasy all together. My body has changed but the weight hasn't. A blessing surely...but as with most things in life there are always things to worry about. Not gaining enough weight can be problematic for the baby just as much as gaining too much can be as well. Tomorrow we will see!

No comments:

Post a Comment