Thursday, June 16, 2011

9 Months: Exhaustion

It has been a couple of weeks now since I have blogged. The reason for the this mini-sabbatical is exhaustion. I knew the moment that I went back to work in January that there was no harder or more tiring job on the planet than being a full time mom. Between taking care of the house and taking care of Lydia, the days speed by and I found myself wondering how it happened as I laid in bed at night for the past 2 weeks. Lydia helps around the house some, mostly with laundry.


We have had splash park play dates and pool time play dates. We have been to library story time. Even the stay home days are jam packed with meals, and playtime. Lydia loves her friends! Our entire living room has turned into Lydia's playroom by day. I move ottomans and chairs to create a fortress of fun for her and for me to be able to walk away without her crawling to Timbuktu. It has been absolutely amazing to wake up in the morning and squeeze her tight. Lay in bed together, sometimes watch the Today show as she bounces from pillow to pillow.







Yesterday I started summer school. So for the next two weeks, I will be back to business as usual before we take our road trip. It is hard to believe how fast time has gone. I know that everyone always says that and I try to hard not to think how life flies by us. Lydia is 18 pounds 12 ounces, she is 28 inches long and has a perfectly proportioned head of 17 1/4 inches. She babbles a lot but says Mama Dada and Tata (what she calls my mom) discriminately. She crawls faster than lightening and so often now does a crab crawl with her barefeet flat on the floor. She eats rice, Vienna sausages (recommended and encouraged by her pediatrician who says babies love the texture and it's a good source of iron) and every fruit you can imagine, though watermelon is hands down her favorite. She is amazing! And gifted of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment