Monday, June 11, 2012

Toddler Fun: First week of Summer

This past week we have had a great time. Lydia had a couple of play dates Monday with Holland to play with her spectacular summer splash pad pool from her grandma and Friday at the Library Toddler Tunes time with Addi. We have also been going to Advanced Toddler Swim twice a week and Lydia has been doing pretty well. In the middle of the week, we had a day trip and of course a day for errand running. So we had one completely lovely homebound day. 



Holland and Lydia





Toddler Tunes with Addi, though Addi isn't in the picture

I always try to consider things like transition from one activity to another but admittedly I didn't this time. I am also 32 weeks pregnant which makes things a little bit more difficult to pull off. However, we had a great time. We woke up in the morning and after having breakfast headed outside to play. We don't have much shade in our yard so I tried to keep all the water activity in the shade the house was still providing. Lydia would jump in the mini pool shoes and all which made a mud pool. I dumped it once which was a feat of it's own but once I refilled it and it happend again so, I just got over it. The outdoor play lasted about an hour or so, but it got pretty hot so we came inside all muddy and headed straight for the bath.










It was lunch time. I had seen this little trick on pinterest for picky eaters. I have to say Lydia loved it. I filled up all the cubbies with various things and she ate almost all of it except the raisins which she eats a lot of normally so it was the right thing for her to leave. I put hot dog pieces, carrot chips, teddy grahams, raisins, watermelon, pretzels, plus a couple of sauces, ketchup (of course) and salad dressing. It was a success.








Before naptime, we headed to the front stoop which had great shade and made chalk art. I think she thought it was more fun putting the chalk on herself than the stoop but that was okay. Back inside we made some sticker art before taking a lovely 3 1/2 hour nap which was nice for us both.






No comments:

Post a Comment