Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Myers and Briggs Genuises

You Are An ENFP

The Inspirer

You love being around people, and you are deeply committed to your friends.
You are also unconventional, irreverent, and unimpressed by authority and rules.
Incredibly perceptive, you can usually sense if someone has hidden motives.
You use lots of colorful language and expressions. You're quite the storyteller!

You would make an excellent entrepreneur, politician, or journalist.
What's Your Personality Type?

The first day I was a senior in college the Career Counseling gurus had already made an appoint for me. It was placed in my mail box and it gave the illusion that you would walk out the door with a solid idea of what the future would entail. I eagerly arrived to my session with a little time to spare because my roommate worked there trying to search for her destiny for the entire four years at the institution. I was greeted and then placed in a small room with a packet that could easily crush a giant grasshopper if the need were to arise. The packet was an extensive Myers Briggs test that diagnosed the worldwide professional opportunities that were best suited for my personality type. After hours of yes/no/somewhat bubbling on a scantron I was labeled: ENFP. That translates into an Extroverted iNtuitive Feeling Perceiving individual. I was thankful. I am still not sure why, but I was.

It has only been 10 years and I am remain steady as an ENFP rock. Lately this Myers Briggs test keeps coming up in conversation. Matter of fact, after 4 years of trying to convince a friend to take it he finally did. He now understands his role in the universe with a clear sense of future. Hazaah!

No comments:

Post a Comment