Friday, October 28, 2011

Running and Running and Running

There are so many folks to point the finger at with this running thing. I have a good friend at work that ran a half marathon, my co-author ran a half marathon, my good friend with two kids in Tennessee (there are hills there, sigh) ran a half marathon, several of my oldest friends are running, so I figured what the heck, I'll run too. I'll drink the running kool-aid. I can be hip. It's trendy, and I can jump on that bandwagon  just as well as anyone. And this one is for my personal wellness! Let's Run!

Argh. Running is hard. However, it would be a personal triumph to be able to run just at 5K. I have never been a runner partly because, it's hard, and partly because I played tennis in high school, not much running there. I must admit that it's harder than I though. Knowing enough not to just go out there and run 10 miles on the first day (or 1 full mile) would be unrealistic, I bought the Couch to 5K app which I think will work wonderfully, but that's hard too.

Today I am supposed to run again today. It's rainy, cloudy and gray outside. We are going to Trunk or Treat at church tonight, seems like a lot of effort to run. More than likely I won't run today, I officially site the weather as my excuse, but I do have a gym membership. I keep waiting for that running high to kick in (just after a couple of runs) but Eliot swears that he has never felt it even when he ran cross country. So now I worry that I will never truly be a runner and have allowed the whimpering to take over my motivation.

The goal must be easier to attain. I must but the 5K on hold. Thus the New Goal: Running AGAIN next week....

No comments:

Post a Comment