Thursday, July 8, 2010

Sleepless in St. Pete

In the tradition of mythical characters that can sleep for days like Sleeping Beauty and the Rip Van Winkle, I once was able to join that illustrious club with pride. In high school, friends thought that I could possibly have narcolepsy because I would fall asleep within minutes. I could sleep through hurricanes (Elaina, I barely remember because of that), I would sleep through phone calls and door bells. It was a gift from the gods.

I am 30 weeks. My little girl is the size of a head of lettuce. What does that mean? It means that sleeping is getting a little more difficult. Every squirm and roll causes me to wake up. I am warm and cold at the same time. I have pillows shoved in all sorts of directions and if one moves a slight bit, it wakes me. There are so many things left to do, that I keep thinking about those too. Just when my eyes are heavy and I am fading into dreamland, that is the precise moment that my baby girl wants to stretch, kick, roll and readjust herself. I ordered the magic mommy sleep pillow which should arrive tomorrow. All the reviews, magazines and baby books swear that this pillow is amazing. I am hoping it's true. In the last 3 days I have slept a total of 10 hours or so. Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment