Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Aarti Party

This summer as my sleep schedule was disturbed even more than normal summers due to our impending bundle of joy, I became addicted to a couple of shows: Design Star and The Next Food Network Star. Since we already have a Sunday night line up (True Blood and Madmen) I would catch these treasures on their second showing in the middle of the night. It didn't take much to suck me in since I am already an HGTV and Food Network connoisseur. The winners of both were given their own shows! This allows the obsession to continue in what I consider a healthier fashion, during daylight hours. Aarti, the lovely Indian girl, won the Next Food Network Star! Her show, Aarti Party, is Indian food made easy and usually with some sort of comfort food twist. Last night, I am made her Bombay Sloppy Joes for Bkay and Eliot! One the side, I made my yummy coleslaw and some sweet potato fries. All and all it was pretty yummy. My first pseudo Indian meal went well. I am still not a big fan of ginger and I am surprised that the Serrano chile didn't spice things way up but it was tasty. All three of us ate like kings! BKay brought over a tasty dessert, pineapple mini cakes with fresh berries and homemade whip cream, which was the perfect end!

No comments:

Post a Comment