Thursday, September 9, 2010

Ultrasound Update

Yesterday we dutifully went to the sonogram appointment to determine what was going on with Baby Girl Gaurkee. We learned several things: she is just fine up in there! She has hair! (Which I have to say completely amazes me that you can see that on an ultrasound!) As you can see in the photo to the left, the tech even typed hair. Her heart is beautifully formed with four chambers that were pumping as we looked with glee. The tech told us she looked well and she was positioned super low. She kept trying to get a close up of her profile which I have also posted but it's a little blurry. She told us she had chubby cheeks and thighs. Eliot was very excited that she was built to have a powerful kick for her future as a soccer superstar. We also got a super confirmation shot, the money shot if you will, of her being a girl but I rather not have such pictures of my daughter on the internet (I figure you should start having those standards fairly early, so they follow suit when they get older. ) She also told us that she is approximately 8 pounds and 6 ounces which is right on the money.

Today we go see our midwife to determine what her recommendation is with regards to inducing labor. My guess is that she will want to wait until the due date before making any decisions since the baby is doing fine and at this point no indication of being 15lbs. I have been having more contractions but still fairly mild and inconsistent. There was a bit of time last night that I thought well maybe we will get some momentum with these, but as soon as I got myself all prepped mentally for the event and made a to-do list of things that I could do to distract me like taking a shower, eating a sandwich, rolling the suitcase into the dining room, the contractions subsided and I feel asleep.

So we wait. We wait for her arrival with great anticipation!

No comments:

Post a Comment