Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Water has Broken

Last night I woke up several times feeling some harsher contractions but honestly I kind of thought it was indigestion. I was uncomfortable this morning so I just stayed in bed which made me feel better. When I finally crawled out of bed, I was sitting on the couch chatting with Kim and suddenly "GUSH!" Thanks to the trusty AT&T our call dropped. I went to the restroom and sure enough, I had wet my pants. There was goo involved too. Kim called back and we discussed the plan. I would call Eliot and then my trusty midwives.

Eliot was on his way home and the midwives told me to come in the office to check out the situation. I was a little nervous that maybe my water hadn't broken because, frankly I have never done this before. Turns out, I was right. Water was broken! I am still only dilated 1cm which was the same as yesterday's verdict, so we came home and are now watching a Top Chef marathon with my folks who had swung by earlier. Contractions are coming...certainly not pleasant but bearable at this point. Soon she will be here!

No comments:

Post a Comment