Sunday, July 20, 2008

Madrid

The last week we have spent in the capital, Madrid. Madrid is hot as hell. It is summer and it is landlocked but really its has been hotter there, so we lucked out. The first program ended and the next program started giving us only about 36 hours rest in between the two. Shelli's husband came to join us and we have spent many a night at a variety of delicious eateries around the city, as seen below. Having been to Madrid (normally I refer to it as where my heart is but my heart is in other places this summer) several times, I didn't do much site seeing. The museums, the plazas, the clubs, really...been there done that. The great thing about Madrid is the shopping, which I did do. I even managed to track down the rest of the Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer and I devoured the last two books joyfully this week. Now I am eagerly awaiting the release of the 4th in August. It was a nice laid back week in comparison to others and tomorrow we return to Cadiz.

Here is Shelli and Mike at El Mario Parilla. Where the food was tasty and when you walk in you think it will be much more expensive then it really is.

The last two pictures are of us at a Mexican restaurant in La Latina district which had great decor on the inside. The food was touch and go, but it was a cool atmosphere.

1 comment:

  1. Don't you have a wedding to plan or something?

    Chadd

    ReplyDelete