Friday, June 11, 2010

Dream a little Dream

Another thing that is wild about pregnancy is vivid dreams. It's like I absorb all the visual stimuli around me and while I sleep I am beamed to another dimension. I first noticed the impact when we watched The Hurt Locker which was a great movie, we went to bed that night I was sent to Iraq.  I fought in the war for 8 hours. I woke up drained, exhausted and wanting a hot shower to get off the sand. Since then I have been on Dancing with the Stars, living with the Cosby's and trying to house hunt internationally (I watch a lot of HGTV.) Last night was no different.

Yesterday was the Eve of the World Cup. I recorded a lot of the full day of coverage, so when Eliot got home we indulged. We listened Alexi Lalas and John Harkes suggest line-ups and give predictions. We watched some of the three hour 2010 FIFA World Cup preview. Earlier in the day I had it playing the background as I was doing other things around the house and the World Cup concert featuring Black Eyed Peas and Shakira. We went to bed and I was reading my Vanity Fair which on the cover has international soccer players in their underwear and Eliot was reviewing our bracket choices. Even the baby was into it because she was kicking like crazy. When I fell asleep I was there...on the field, running.

I woke up several times to pee and each time I went back to sleep I was on the field again. I kept forcing myself awake and pleading, please no more. And more soccer playing was in store. The painters arrived to finish off the room and I was still in bed defending the back line, pregnant and winded. Exhausting. Go Yanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment