Thursday, June 10, 2010

Pretty in Pink

This quote entered my mind today when the painters left, "My colors are blush and bashful...I have chosen two shades of pink, one is much deeper than the other" -Shelby, Steel Magnolias. It turns out I am thinking Sally Fields was right, "Her colors are pink and pink." Sigh.

Eliot and I attempt to make eco-friendly decisions whenever possible and our baby room paint selection was another one of those moments though it limited the selection, plus it was better for me, who should not be inhaling the fumes of traditional paints. We selected two seemingly contrasting shades of pink from the available choices. I decided that we would embrace the girlie because the furniture is very dark and a light pink on the walls would brighten things up but to add a little interest, I thought it was best to have one wall painted darker. Not sure it worked out. Oddly, the paints do look different in the picture but not sure it's as noticeable to the naked eye. Should I paint again? Or just move on to the next phase of baby room decorating?

No comments:

Post a Comment